The grant, to be provided under the name of "Rupashree Prakalpa", is aimed at mitigating the difficulties that poor families face in bearing the expenditure of their daughters’ marriages, for which they often have to borrow money at very high interest rates.
Scope of the scheme
Rupashree Prakalpa is in effect from 01 April, 2018 and will be applicable for all marriages effected from 01 April, 2018. The scheme is implemented in all districts of West Bengal.
This scheme shall apply to any woman who proposes to be married if her application satisfies the following criteria.
- The applicant has attained the age of 18 years
- She is unmarried on the date of submitting her application.
- The proposed marriage is her first marriage.
- She was born in West Bengal OR she has been a resident of West Bengal for the last 5 years OR her parents are permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Her family income is not greater than Rs. 1.50 lakhs per annum.
- Her prospective groom has attained the age of 21 years.
- She has an active bank account for which she is the sole account-holder. The bank account must be in a bank that has an IFS Code and an MICR code and transacts e-payments though NEFT .
Method of applying for the scheme
- The Scheme’s Application form can be downloaded from http://wbcdwdsw.gov.in/link/pdf/rupashree_form.pdf . It is also available free-of-cost from the following offices:
- Office of the Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in a rural area
- Office of the Sub - Divisional Officer in case the applicant resides in Municipal area
- Office of the Municipal Commissioner in case the applicant resides in a Municipal Corporation area
- The following documents / certifications must be submitted along with the application form:
- Proof of applicant’s age : Self-attested photo-copy of any one of the following: Birth Certificate / Voter ID card / PAN Card / Madhyamik Admit card / AADHAR card / Government recognized School Leaving Certificate
- Never-married Status : Self-declaration
- Family income: Self-declaration
- Proof of Residence: Self-Declaration
- Bank Account: Self-attested photo-copy of page of bank book which provides complete details of the account holder’s name, account no., bank address, IFS Code and MICR No. and other details
- Proof of proposed marriage : Any one of the following: Marriage Invitation Card / Notice for Registration of Marriage / Self Declaration.
- Proof of prospective groom’s age: Photocopy of any one of the following: Birth Certificate / Voter ID card / PAN Card / Madhyamik Admit card / AADHAR card / Government recognized School Leaving Certificate
- Coloured passport size photographs of the applicant and the prospective groom.
- The completed Application Form, along with all other necessary documents and certifications must be submitted to the Office of the Block Development Officer, Office of the Sub - Divisional Officer or Office of the Commissioner of the Municipal Corporation under which the applicant’s residence is located AND must be submitted not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days before the date of the proposed marriage.
Application processing and money disbursement
Each application will be assigned to an Enquiry Officer, who will conduct a field verification and submit an Enquiry Report.
The Sanctioning officer (BDO/ SDO/Commissioner) shall sanction all applications that have been successfully verified, and reject those that have a negative report or are ineligible.
The Drawing and Disbursing Officer will, based on fund availability, transfer the sanctioned grant through IFMS to the bank account of the applicant. The Fund transfer must be executed at least five days before the date of proposed marriage.
Futher Details From : http://birbhumrupashree.in/
District Nodal Officer
Rupashree Prakalpa Birbhum
e-mail : birbhum[dot]rupashree[at]gmail[dot]com